Heading Down

May 9, 2014

Since climbing Kala Patthar, we have had some pretty bad weather, hence no updates on our progress. We had a good look at the conditions on Island Peak, and made the decision that it was not safe for Bobby to climb this time around.

 

Instead, we are trekking back towards Namche, and plan to detour along the way and possibly ascend into Ama Dablam Base Camp, if conditions are suitable. Either way, we are maximising the time we have left in the mountains, and will be training Bobby in a variety of areas, including rope skills and rock climbing, which will be a serious challenge at altitude.

 

Bobby continues to impress people along the path when sharing his story. He is also getting used to the basic conditions in the mountains, and is more relaxed with his surroundings. It is a huge transition for someone not accustomed to this environment, and this trip has certainly had significant benefits to equip him for future expeditions.

 

He knows what is required when he gets back home, and I will be writing a suitable training program focused on building his endurance and strength in the mountains. He will also continue to work with the guys from Fitness First and train in the Jayco climate chamber, in his lead-up to the next adventure in September.

 

Everyone is doing well, and we are all looking forward to cake and coffee at Cafe de 8848 in Namche. We also want to thank everyone for the incredible words of encouragement along the way. It really gives Bobby and the team a boost.

 

Bobby’s goal remains in check, and he is more determined than ever to stand on top of the world.

 

Cheers,

 

Allan

Please reload

Follow Us
Recent Posts

October 27, 2015

October 23, 2015

October 19, 2015

October 13, 2015

Please reload

  • Trip Advisor Social Icon
  • Facebook Sticker
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Instagram Sticker